Monday, May 10, 2010

Just A Quick Update

We left Dublin yesterday. Unfortunately it didn't cross our minds to get a picture on the final day. The day appeared to start very well with dad and I successfully managing to get on the plane with Aidan. His plane was leaving Dublin 2 hours earlier than us. Unfortunately that plane ended up being delayed. We ended up arriving in Newark 3 hours late. This was all related to the ash cloud from Iceland. First the airline had to change the route that the plane would fly so the cloud could be avoided. This didn't impact departure time (originally) but it did impact flight time. Then it did impact departure time because there were too many planes competing for the same flight routes.

When I arrived in Newark I motored for my gate to try to get my plane and missed it by mere minutes. They re-booked me on a 6:20 flight that was delayed to about 7:20. All in all, I got out of bed about 5am in Dublin and went to bed at midnight in Dallas. Long day.

I never did find Aidan and Dad at the Airport in Newark. I assume they were sitting in some bar. I literally checked them all but did not pause to drink in all.

Still many pictures to update here on our visit to Dublin, including our opinion on the winner of the Bangers and Mash competition and the Irish Stew competition. Keep in mind that none of the places serving us knew they were in a any specific competition.

2 comments:

  1. Sure I'm glad to se you home safe, Peter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I am reading your comment I am seeing an ad here for $678 return trip to Australia. It is a 4 day sale from Quantas.

    The normal ticket to Newark from DFW is 649. (You can always get better if you shop.) Adding Dublin on to that ticket bumped it up to 699!

    We were in economy class, of course.

    ReplyDelete