Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Preparing for Dublin

It is really happening. We are all meeting at the airport in Newark. Dad is arriving from St. John's. Aidan is arriving from Halifax and I am flying in from DFW. I can't wait. We have a hotel. We have a very long list of pubs to visit and we have a lot of fantastic places to visit while we are in Ireland.

We almost went last year after Adam's wedding however Aidan was stuck with completing his thesis or something. Our options for this year were the first week of May or the last week of June. If that didn't work, it would be 2011 before we could find another window. Well it is really happening.

At the last minute, before we booked, it almost didn't go ahead. When I called Dad to tell him about this trip with 2 of his 3 son's for one week visiting pubs in Ireland, his answer was "I'll have to think about it." CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? I will have to think about it. How often do you get a chance to take a trip like that with your family members ..... and he had to think about it.

It actually took almost another 10 minutes of conversation before he said, "I suppose I will go."

Now that we are past all that, it is really happening. Stay tuned. I still have to post the list of pubs we plan to visit.



No comments:

Post a Comment